Our service, your views

We are committed to providing high-quality customer service. We value complaints and compliments and use information from them to help us improve our services.

Compliments and Feedback

We want you to let us know by phone, email, letter or face-to-face what you thought of the service you received. We are especially delighted to hear when we have got things right.

If you want to provide feedback, or pay us a compliment please:

  • call us on 0330 303 0089
  • write to us - by post or email
  • or complete the online feedback form


If something goes wrong or you are dissatisfied, please tell us so that we can put things right.

Please tell us if:

  • We fail to provide a service or if there is a delay in providing it
  • We provide a poor service
  • You experience unfairness, prejudice or discrimination
  • We breach our policies or procedures
  • You are unhappy about any other aspect of your experience as a customer

It is easier for us to resolve complaints if you make them quickly and directly to the service concerned. So please talk to a member of our staff working in the service you are complaining about.  They will do their best to resolve any problems on the spot.

What information do I need to provide when I complain?

Please tell us:

  • your name and address
  • as much as you can about the complaint
  • what has gone wrong
  • how you want us to resolve the matter.

What happens when I have complained?

There are two stages in our complaints procedure: 

Stage one - frontline resolution
Stage two – investigation

What happens if I am still unhappy? 

If we are unable to resolve your complaint or you are unhappy with our response, you can ask the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) to review how your complaint has been handled.  

The SPSO cannot normally look at:

  • a complaint that has not completed our complaints procedure (so please make sure it has done so before contacting the SPSO)
  • events that happened, or that you became aware of, more than a year ago
  • a matter that has been or is being considered in court.

You can contact the SPSO by:

  • Writing to them at SPSO, Freepost SPSO, 4 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7NS)
  • Calling 0800 377 7330
  • A contact form on its website

Getting help to make your complaint

We understand that you may be unable, or reluctant, to make a complaint yourself. We accept complaints from the representative of a person who is dissatisfied with our service. We can take complaints from a friend, relative, or an advocate, if you have given them your consent to complain for you.